Near Carlsbad Caverns, NM

lx450-1_big.jpg

Yosemite, CA

lx450-2_big.jpg

Near Yosemite, CA

lx450-3_big.jpg

PCH with Big Sur in the background, CA

lx450-4_big.jpg

I was going to post these in the gallery but was unable to login for some reason. My username and password did not appear to work on the login form over there. (I searched for info in the forums, maybe I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.)

I think you stood in about the sme place I did. Notice my avitar. The point at Big Sur is one AWESOME SIGHT!!!!

Nice 450 and you picked an AWESOME route for a road trip. I live on the east coast ... I had a convertible out there on vacation but I sure did miss my LX470 for the road trip :D

That is too cool, I noticed your avatar in another thread and knew right away. Well the trip was definitely great with my LX-450, I was always prepared... but ... guess what... the whole time I wished I was driving a convertible!

:cheers:

Nice rig! Looks just like the one my wife drives -- except hers doesn't have the tail light guards.

Sounds like you made a whirlwind tour of the west. What was your trip route?

:cheers:

Thanks, dougjohn. I was moving from Dallas to Virginia. So I took the long route. Drove through El Paso, New Mexico and Arizona, to San Diego... stayed there for a few nights... then north to LA... another few nights... then north to Yosemite and San Francisco... then back east all the way to Norfolk. Hit many stops in between all those places. In all I spent about a month on the road. But I also missed so many places... going to have to do it again sometime soon.

B)

Been looking for a rugged front guard, to match those tail guards. I think I'm going to go with the SleeOffRoad bumper.

Nelson,

The bumper from sleeoffroad is very nice -- I've seen it in person and almost bought it. I went with the ARB bumper for mine. I wanted the bit of extra protection that the tubes provide (mostly from potential animal strikes).

You can't go wrong with either bumper.

EagleLakes03_101.jpg

Cheers,

Doug