Rx300 Wood-trim "re-dye" *pics*

cduluk

Hey guys :)

I just wanted to post a few pictures of my rx300's interior wood trim that i re-stained a while back. Last summer i got sick of the boring walnut wood, so stripped the clearcoat and dyed the wood with some red alcohol ink. Then re-cleared the wood with car clearcoat. I think the darker wood fits the car so much better, it's a match to the reddish wood of the 02-04 ES.

I also custom made wood on the ashtray cover, surrounding handle and on the center flip-up cup holder. Just purchased some walnut veneer from ebay, steamed it, and superglued it to the surfaces. Then sanded it, detailed it with black painted trim, stained it with the alcohol ink, and cleared it. I wanted the pieces to look VERY oem :)

You will also notice what look to be "volume buttons" on the steering wheel, but in fact i wired them up to be my radar detector and laser jammer "ON/OFF buttons. I purchased a used ES wheel on ebay and put the switches on this wheel which is a 'similar' style.

You may also notice:

1. My custom navigation molding. I made it recessed a little because i think it helps with glare and it just looks better.

2. My headlight control roller switch on the panel below the ignition. I wired the auto-leveling switch from the rr control arm to the cabin so i can control the headlight hight from the drivers seat

3. I bought some "coach edition" seats from an 02 model. They just look cool :)

So tell me what you guys think! :)

dsc01192n.jpg

dsc01193.jpg

dsc01194b.jpg

dsc01195p.jpg

dsc01196.jpg

dsc01197.jpg

dsc01198c.jpg

dsc01199d.jpg

dsc01200k.jpg

dsc01201.jpg

• Like 1