Clear Protective Film For Headlights And Foglights

a1s1a1

Last week I purchased an ES 350 (UL, ML, roof, etc.). Before its delivery I had 3M clear bra treatment of its front end through the dealership.

However, the front headlights and fog lights remain vulnerable to the nature's harsh elements specially if you live in a snow bound country where after each snow fall the road is sprinkled with less salt and more sand and stones. I did some internet search and found a product from I guess its called "peelex" which is a clear protective film of both headlights and foglights. The price is about 45$.

My questions are;

1. Has anyone tried it? or any other similar product?

2. Does its adherence to the lights (which gets very warm) remain good over the years?

3. Does it impair the optical dispersion of light to a level to be concerned about?

4. Does it maintain clarity over time?

5. Is it true that any film over the headlights is against the law in certain States? (as advised by my sales person)

I can surmise that the answer to any of the above questions from 2 through 5 is afffirmative which keeps it from being widely used but I would appreciate everyones input.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, a1s1a1

I have clear bra on my headlights and its fine, but i ahd my car only for 3 months or so. We live in seattle which gets pretty cold and always rainy. I was told not to put it on fog lights as they get pretty hot and can melt it.

I recently purchased a 2009 ES 350 (UL, ML, NAV). I opted to go with the VentureShield product and had it installed by an independent installer rather than the 3M product offered by the dealer. The installer covered the headlights, but did not recommend covering the fog lamps due to their small size and the amount of curvature in the lens. I took him at his word, as he seemed to know a lot more about Paint Protection Film (PPF) than I ever will. I was very impressed with jobs of his I'd seen before I made my decision, and equally impressed with the workmanship he did working on my car.

Paul

I recently purchased a 2009 ES 350 (UL, ML, NAV). I opted to go with the VentureShield product and had it installed by an independent installer rather than the 3M product offered by the dealer. The installer covered the headlights, but did not recommend covering the fog lamps due to their small size and the amount of curvature in the lens. I took him at his word, as he seemed to know a lot more about Paint Protection Film (PPF) than I ever will. I was very impressed with jobs of his I'd seen before I made my decision, and equally impressed with the workmanship he did working on my car.

Paul

Would you mind telling me the name of the installer. I did purchase my vehicle from Wayzata due to my proximity from it (still 100 miles one way). I would see if your installer will do the headlights for me.

Thanks to everyone for sharing X-Pel product experience, I guess that I am just so naive to be a DIY person that I may look for an installer to do it for me

a1s1a1