2009 Nissan Maxima

Lexusfreak

I think it will be 'offically' introduced today at the New York Auto Show.....but here are some pics that have apparently leaked & I don't think it looks all that bad personally....

http://www.supernissans.net/forums/nissan-...-exclusive.html

And here...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans...xima_first_look

:cheers:

I'm patiently waiting for the diesel Maxima to be available here.....apparently in 2010 or 11. B) They do need to bring back the model with a manual tranny however (since 2007, it's only been available with a CVT).....after all it's the '4 Door Sports Car'. ;)

Just looks like a tweaked Altima to me. Honestly, I don't know what Nissan is thinking with juicing up the Altima so high into the Maxima range. I could understand it if the Maxima was truly a totally different car from appearances to mechanicals, but it doesn't seem to be anymore. I road in a new Altima a few weeks ago, and it was pretty nice, especially for the price. looking at those photos, I can certainly see a lot of the Altima in this Maxima, from the dash lines, flared fenders, etc... I don't know, guess I'll have to see one in person. Depending on the price, and judging from prices of the past, I think it's going to be a tough sell to new buyers of Nissan's in general. My question will be how well it holds up after 40k, in terms of road noise through the suspension bushings and such. The two nissans I've had both got much louder on the road, even with new tires. Engines are the best in the business though if you ask me. They've got the perfect V6 on the block.

I don't understand all of this internal canabilism going on with automakers and their designs. So many car models are now sharing similiar designs across the board, kind of ruins it for me a little. Especially in the lexus line up of is/es/gs/ls, although I'm becoming more familiar with the individual lines. I'd have to say, the IS is my favorite looking lexus car now.

I really don't mind the side view of the new Max personally....including the tail lights. B)

But I agree nc....I've noticed alot of generic styling in many different makes & models lately.

I LOVE IT! Maxima's are very nice cars. MY buddy has an 01, and my other buddy has an 02. The 3.5L is much quicker than the 3.0L. However the 3.0L does have some decent top end.

I LOVE IT! Maxima's are very nice cars. MY buddy has an 01, and my other buddy has an 02. The 3.5L is much quicker than the 3.0L. However the 3.0L does have some decent top end.

i had an 01' se, fully loaded, it was nice, but after 40k and a new set of tires, i wasn't willing to buy out the lease. but it was a great car. i think they screwed it up though after that body style and haven't recovered since. they went "radical" with their designs and lost my interest.

True after the 5th gen they kind of went off on some tangent. If it had been EXACTLY the same but had a different name other than Maxima... Like an Altima ARMADA ;) lol it wouldn't have been so bad. A lot of people lost interest when the 6th gen came out. It is looking a lot better!!

Hopefully there is a 6M to rekindle some of the romance lost in the 6th gen :wub:

When it comes down to the brass tax of it, I think it's a sweet looking car, I really like the headlights. VERY unique.

You know what would be sweet!?!? A Nissam Maxima SE-R Spec-V, 3.7L V6 with 6M and NISMO accessories B)

I like it, its unique.

Nissan has come a long way. I drove a new Murano the other day and was EXTREMELY impressed. The interior was extremely well finished, I had an ES350 loaner at the time and the Murano had a MUCH higher quality and more upscale looking and feeling interior.

i had an 01' se, fully loaded, it was nice, but after 40k and a new set of tires, i wasn't willing to buy out the lease. but it was a great car. i think they screwed it up though after that body style and haven't recovered since. they went "radical" with their designs and lost my interest.

I had the 01 SE 20th A.E. :) I agree it was a pretty good car........but tires for that ride killed me lol....at the time, there were few 225 50 17 tires offered......but those Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires were something else!

I really like the new Maxima; I like that its got some style. B) I'd like to see what other rims they are going to offer since there's something that doesn't seem quite right about the ones in the picture.

I road in a new Altima a few weeks ago, and it was pretty nice, especially for the price.
I had an '08 Altima 2.5S for a rental the other day, and I absolutely loved it! It had a lot of room even for me, and it's a lot more fun to drive than a Sonata or Camry. The CVT is an interesting animal especially when you have it pinned merging on the hwy, and it just hangs at redline while your speed increases. The 4cyl engine was a little noisy, but it had plenty of pep and got over 33mpg on the hwy. The Altima is a lot of car for the money (just over $20k), and I LOVED the standard keyless start and entry! So cool!

Overall, The front, I like the hood, it mirrors the new G35, and it's lines but the headlights has to go. The back looks eerily similar to the Toyota Yaris and the tailights resemble a bit of the new Honda Accord. I think Nissan is trying to make a statement and IMO it's going overboard. I think the sides looks the best but I think it is FAR from perfect. But the interior for the Maxima looks really luxurious.