Shift Solenoid #3

• 3 months later...

I finally finished researching the error code on my GS300.

The error code was P0763D. The mechanic shop was confused since in their reference guide they only saw 2 shif solenoids. Well it happens to be that there were 2 different types of transmissions shipped with the GS300 in 1998. There was the A650 and the A341.

The A650 Transmission has 2 shift solenoids and 2 linear solenoids.

The A341 has a total of 7 solenoids.

Rostra makes shift solenoids for the A341 but not the A650. Lucky for me I have the A341 in my GS300. I was able to buy the shift solenoids directly from Rostra for $72.58 which was great. This included a kid of 2 solenoids with a braket. Lexus wanted about $250.00 per solenoid and about $1094 to install. The install is rather easy and it can be done with minimum mechanical experience on these cars. The solenoids sit right under the transmission's oil filter and just plug into place.

As a reference the part number for the shift solenoids from rostra is 52-9021. Again this is for a shift solenoid kit for A341 GS300 Trasmission to target error code P0763D in the diagnostics computer.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...
I finally finished researching the error code on my GS300.

The error code was P0763D. The mechanic shop was confused since in their reference guide they only saw 2 shif solenoids. Well it happens to be that there were 2 different types of transmissions shipped with the GS300 in 1998. There was the A650 and the A341.

The A650 Transmission has 2 shift solenoids and 2 linear solenoids.

The A341 has a total of 7 solenoids.

Rostra makes shift solenoids for the A341 but not the A650. Lucky for me I have the A341 in my GS300. I was able to buy the shift solenoids directly from Rostra for $72.58 which was great. This included a kid of 2 solenoids with a braket. Lexus wanted about $250.00 per solenoid and about $1094 to install. The install is rather easy and it can be done with minimum mechanical experience on these cars. The solenoids sit right under the transmission's oil filter and just plug into place.

As a reference the part number for the shift solenoids from rostra is 52-9021. Again this is for a shift solenoid kit for A341 GS300 Trasmission to target error code P0763D in the diagnostics computer.

Good Luck

I called Rostra today and they won't sell me the selenoids, i have to buy them through a distributor. So i called the local distributor and they won't sell it to me directly either and tells me i have to buy it through a transmission shop they referred me to. $250/kit!!! lol

Dude, if you can grab these for me, let me know!!!

PM SENT. =)

• 1 month later...