Bluetooth Compatibility With The New Treo Wx

LexTacoma

I am trying to get a treo wx connected to the bluetooth system on a 2006 Lexus SC430. I have made the connection, but it will loose the conncection randomly. Is there a issue with the phone, or am I missing something. There is nothing at www.lexus.letstalk.com for pairing on any treo.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to get a treo wx connected to the bluetooth system on a 2006 Lexus SC430. I have made the connection, but it will loose the conncection randomly. Is there a issue with the phone, or am I missing something. There is nothing at www.lexus.letstalk.com for pairing on any treo.

According to the Bluetooth page on Lexus's website the wireless carrier is also something to consider, example some people say that Verizon blocks some of the bluetooth transmissions on their phones. But until three days ago i had the treo 700wx with Sprint and paired it with my 07 IS350, and it was almost worthless, and it would never reconnect once i came back within range. I went out and got a Blackberry Pearl with T-Mobile and it intergrates very well. There are complaints from those i am talking to that they can barely hear me but i can hear them fine.

-Mike

For palm phones, you need to check treocentral or mytreo. They may be able to help those who have issues. Unfortunately most issues don't have solutions. There's a reason why palm is not listed on the Lexus site. The bluetooth in Palms are pretty buggy and hit or miss.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/download...date/index.html

This is the patch you need to download

That patch is for the 650, didn't he say he had the 700wx?

Once you applied this patch what kind of functionality did you gain? Would it reconnect when you came back into range? Could you transfer any contacts? Does the battery and signal strength display correctly on the nav screen in the car?

-Mike

• 1 month later...

Treo 650 and new GS 450h --- I got the Treo to recognize the car. Car didn't recognize the Treo. BUT I called out on the Treo and then the 450h recognized the Treo. It worked for a half hour. Later in the day, returned to the car and again no automatic connection. Same process and it worked for 1 call out from the GS 450. And then it disconnected.

I'd heard Treos were a problem. But the intermittent-ness is a mystery

David

david@ferleger.com