Cd Changer "err3"

skippypip

This is the second time the Nakamichi 6-disk CD changer'eRRed-out'. The first time occurred at ~ 35K miles and was after a CD was loaded upside down, a no-no for this changer, since it is not smart enough to just correct the human error and spit it back out. Fortunately, the entire changer was replaced under warranty. This time, at ~75K miles, a disk was loaded and played, then another disk selected, where upon the 'eRR3' popped up. But no warranty replacement this time. Is there a less costly repair option than the dealer recommending replacement for ~$800? How can the disks be manually removed from the changer? Can this be done without removing the system from the dash? Any other suggestions?

i had a 99 LX470 and had the same problems. i got "error" second day i had my brand new car!!!!!!!! it got replaced under warranty. however, it happened to me again when i traded in my 99 470 for the newer 2003 LX470. the dealer had removed my cd's and told me it was because i used burned cd's. apparently, the nakamichi system is very anal when it comes to using cd's that are burned due to difference in the thickness of the cd. i was told you're only allowed to use cd's bought from stores on the nakamichi in-dash changer and not self-burned cd's. hope this helps. the newer 2003 lx470 solved this problem by using a magazine instead of in-dash, which i find much user friendly. the in-dash takes a long time to load and switch between cd's.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new owner of a 1999 LX 470 and when purchased the dealer replaced the cd changedr due to the err3 jam. A week later it did the same thing after loading Store bought CD's. This is the most sensitive machine I've ever seen. I'm waiting for the dealer to get the new one to swap it out again..under warranty thankfully. I think I'm just going to use it as a single cd unit until I can find a aftermarket unit that will be an improvement.

Hopefully the dealer can remove the 2 jammed cds.

THE OTHER OPTION IS TO HOOK UP AN EXTERNAL CD CHANGER LIKE THE 2003 HAS. THE INDASH CD CHANGER RADIO STILL HAS A CD CHANGER PORT ON THE BACK OF THE RADIO SO ITS POSSIBLE TO GET A HIGHER QUALITY CD PLAY3ER WITH THEW 6 DSIC MAGAZINE3 . FUJITSUTEN UNFORTUNATELY KNOWS LITTLE ABOUT CD CHANGERS COMPARED T COMPANIES LIKE PIONEER AND ALPINE THE 2 BEST CD CHANGER MAKERS.