Programming New Transponder Key For 2001 Ls430

Marconi

I have read some talking about the 98-2000 key programming, but most of the poeple said it is the same technoligy used , so it would be the same way.

read the atrical attached

and I remember found the same talk in one website , but cant' recall it now.

let us know if it worked with you or not.

98__Key_programming_instructions.doc

I just did my 2002 LS430 2 days ago; I got a brand new transponder key and instructions for about $150, and then I paid $12.50 to have the key cut which you will need to do before programming.

Instructions:

- driver's door closed, key removed from ignition switch

- obtain 1 already programmed black key

- insert already programmed black key into ignition

- within 35 seconds of previous step switch ignition ON and OFF 5 times

- open and close driver's door 6 times

- remove black key from ignition

- within 10 seconds of previous step insert new key to be programmed into ignition switch

- after 1 minute immobilizer lamp (to left of steering wheel column) will extinguish

- remove key

- DONE

NOTE: a maximum of 5 black keys and 3 gray keys can be programmed.

If you guys need the instructions for programming the transponder (remote trunk and door lock) let me know.

• Like 1

I Tought I had done the above procedures in the correct sequence, but to no avail. I don't guess its necessary to start the engine when the ignition switch is turned to 'on'. I guess I'll just keep trying. Thanks for your help.

• 2 years later...

Yeah, I just got a 2003 LS430. Got the key to start the engine, but need help to program lock/unlock/trunk.

Thanks.

I just did my 2002 LS430 2 days ago; I got a brand new transponder key and instructions for about $150, and then I paid $12.50 to have the key cut which you will need to do before programming.

Instructions:

- within 10 seconds of previous step insert new key to be programmed into ignition switch

- after 1 minute immobilizer lamp (to left of steering wheel column) will extinguish

- remove key

- DONE

If you guys need the instructions for programming the transponder (remote trunk and door lock) let me know.

You might call around and ask if your dealer will do it. I ordered mine pre-cut from Sewell and spent a couple days trying to figure out how to program it. Eventually I just gave up and went to Lexus of Santa Monica where they did it for free in about 10 minutes.

Yeah, I just got a 2003 LS430. Got the key to start the engine, but need help to program lock/unlock/trunk.

Thanks.

Instructions:

- remove key

- DONE

This might be useful:

http://www.toy-lex.com/

Browse the website they have key programming instructions for about every lexus.

You might call around and ask if your dealer will do it. I ordered mine pre-cut from Sewell and spent a couple days trying to figure out how to program it. Eventually I just gave up and went to Lexus of Santa Monica where they did it for free in about 10 minutes.

Thanks.

Instructions:

- remove key

- DONE

• 2 months later...

I tried these ones and after 4 or 5 tries I've given up. I have a message in to my dealer to find out if they'll do it for free.

This might be useful:

Browse the website they have key programming instructions for about every lexus.

Thanks.

Instructions:

- remove key

- DONE

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have prgramming instructions to program a valet key for a 2001 Lexus LS430. Key turns over car but doesnt start it.

I purchased a valet Key from Sewell Lexus Parts online.

Thanks!

Will

I tried these ones and after 4 or 5 tries I've given up. I have a message in to my dealer to find out if they'll do it for free.
This might be useful:

Thanks.

Instructions:

- remove key

- DONE

• 1 year later...

Instructions:

- remove key

- DONE

Hello Jason,

Do you still have the complete instructions for programming a new key transponder for staring the car and trunk and door, I have a LS 2003 black on black but lost the other key, i do have the master key that I'm using, I bought the key from Sewell lexus, thanks, in advance . roger

Instructions:

- remove key

- DONE

Hello Jason,

Do you still have the instructions to program keys for starting to opening doors /trunk? Just bought new key from sewell lexus, i've lost my other key and only have the masterkey, thanks, in advance, happy holidays, roger